Amazon has become the household name all over the world for the eCommerce platform.
You will be able to find anything you can ever imagine if you browse through Amazon.
Becoming an affiliate for Amazon is free. Anyone can join it easily and start promoting any products available on Amazon.
Here is how you can become an affiliate for Amazon Associates.
- Search for Amazon Associates in your Chrome or any browser you are using.
- If you already have an Amazon account sign in.
- If you didn’t have any or want to create a new account go to Create your Amazon account.
- Fill in your details as asked.
- Use your working email address as you will have to enter the OTP send to the email you submit.
- Enter your website link or if you do not have one create for free or use your medium or blogger link.
- Set up your payment and then you are good to go.
- Log in to your account and choose the type of links you want to promote – text, image only, or image+text links.
Let’s talk about it in detail.
Once you enter your email id, it will ask you for the OTP sent to the email you have submitted.
After you enter the OTP, you will be taken to another page where you need to fill in your name, address, phone number.
Then you need to enter your website link. Do not worry if you did not have a website yet. You still can use your blogger or medium link or social media link for now.
Enter the store name of your choice and proceed by filling in all the details asked.
Enter the method you want to receive your payment and your Tax information. Then you are good to go.
Where To Get Your Amazon Product Link
Now that you have already set up your Amazon Associates account, what is left is to get your product link.
Here is the step to get your Amazon product link.
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Browse from the category or just set to ‘All Department’
- Enter the product name you want to promote. For example – MacBook Pro
- All available MacBook Pro will be shown.
- Select the exact MacBook pro you want to promote.
- On the top left, you will find options for links – Text, Image or Image+Text.
- Select any one of the link types.
- Promote on your website or anywhere you want.
NOTE: You need not cloak or shorten your Amazon link for these two reasons – You already got the shortened link and secondly, Amazon did not want you to cloak their links.
Let me show you with example.
On the Category section just select All Departments or the item category of your choice.
In this tutorial, let’s take MacBook Pro as an example.
So, you can set to all departments or as in this case it’s in the Computers category, let’s select computers.
As MacBook Pro was entered in the Amazon search bar, all the MacBook available at Amazon shows up.
Then when you select the product you want to promote, you will see links options on the top left side.
You can select the text link and share it anywhere you want.
But what about the image and image+text links?
Those links were given in HTML which you can paste into your blog site.
You can start a micro-niche site with Amazon links.
In fact, it need not have tens of pages. You can very well build a one-page niche site using Dreamhost, which is by far one of the most reliable and affordable hosting services you will found on the net. You will also get a Free domain for the first year. So, you need not pay any extra for a domain name.
How To Post HTML Links In Your Site?
So, you know how to promote the text links of any product you want.
But now you want to promote images or text+image like below and don’t know how?
Here is how you can promote HTML links on your site.
All you have to do is:
- Copy the HTML code
- Go to your site and open the text editor
- Select the ‘Text’ option
- Paste the HTML code
Let’s talk in detail with an example.
Once you opened your site’s text editor, by default it was set to ‘visual’.
If you paste the HTML code in the visual editor it will not work. All you have to do is select the ‘Text’ option as shown in the image above. Paste the HTML codes.
Select the visual option again and lo, you will see the products you want to promote.
As an Amazon affiliate, here are some important things you should keep in mind and follow.
- Amazon does not want you to cloak the affiliate links. So you have to use the links it provided as it is.
- You need to make a qualifying sale within 180 days of creating an Amazon Associate account.
- If there is no sale made within 180 days, your account will be terminated.
- You can create a new account again.
- Amazon gave the benefits of rewarding their affiliates by giving commissions for other products bought within 24 hours (cookie length) if the customer created or goes to Amazon with your affiliate link even if they do not buy the product you are promoting. You can get a cookie length of 90 days with Amazon API access.
For example: You send the customer to Amazon with the MacBook Pro.
However, the customer prefers a Lenovo Laptop along with other accessories which were not related to computers. Say, it can be apparel, shoes, anything. and bought them all. You will get the commission for all the products sold within 24 hours.
Hope you find this tutorial helpful.
Share your experience views in the comment section below so that it will also help others. I would highly appreciate it.
DISCLOSURE: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I will get a small commission if you make a purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. For more info, please read my Affiliate Disclaimer.